Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mini Post: Setting Line Numbers In the Query Window



1st Mini Post!!!


I think I’m gonna do these every now and again, in addition to the weekly posts. Stuff that’s a little too small to be a normal post, but stuff that’s still useful.



Alrighty, let’s set line numbers shall we? Honestly I don’t know why a) it’s not on as default or b) it’s so roundabout to set up a simple thing but hey, that’s just me.



Setting Line Numbers


Open Management Studio.


Go to “Tools” and choose “Options”


Fig. 1: Choosing "Options"



Expand “All Languages” and choose “General”. Under “Display” select “Line Numbers”.


Fig. 2: Selecting "Line Numbers" to be displayed



And there ya go. :-)


Fig. 3: Line Numbers are now displayed on your query.

Now stuff should be alittle easier to find.

DISCLAIMER: As stated, I’m not an expert so please, PLEASE feel free to politely correct or comment as you see fit. Your feedback is always welcomed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment